Its springtime again so if you are into team sports of any kind, it’s time for a trip to Thompson’s Sport Shop. Thompson has everything you need to perform your best on the field and look good doing it. They carry:
- Custom soccer, football, baseball, basketball and cheerleading uniforms
- Trophies and awards
- Custom letterman jackets
- Heavy bags and boxing equipment
With such a large selection of sports equipment to choose from, it can be difficult to decide what you need to prepare for your first baseball game. If you are just starting out, try to keep it simple by ensuring your equipment is comfortable and meets major league specifications. Baseball season is in full swing already, but you will always need spare and extra equipment. We offer:
- Baseballs – Rawlings baseballs are the only ones that are licensed by both major leagues so you know you aren’t getting a poorly manufactured ball. You will be using the exact same type the major teams use in games.
- Bats – Your selection of bat may just come down to your personal preference but if you want to use the same type professionals do, it must be wood. Specifically, it has to be a single, round piece of solid wood, no more than 2-3/4 inches in diameter and no more than 42 inches long. If you don’t mind playing with a non pro bat then Aluminum bats are extremely popular because of their power and durability.
- Gloves – When purchasing a glove, remember that you need to get the one specific for your position. An outfielder shouldn’t use a pitcher’s glove and vice versa because they aren’t made for it. Most people will be happy with a comfortable glove that conforms to major league standards. You may also want open webbing for the pocket so you can see the ball go into it.
- Shoes and Cleats – If you aren’t playing at a pro level then a comfortable pair of tennis shoes should do just fine. But if you are a traditionalist or you want better traction then cleats are the way to go.