Whatever sports you or your family and friends play, at whatever level, there are custom uniforms and designated sporting equipment that go with the territory.
In the US the most popular professional and amateur sports include football, baseball, basketball and soccer, each of which has its own demands. If you live in Georgia, you’ll find that Thompson’s Sport Shop has you covered for all the necessary Savannah sporting equipment and custom uniforms you’ll need for these, as well as custom uniforms for cheerleaders, and inspiring trophies and awards to keep your club competitive.
So why do we need to bother with custom uniforms and Savannah sporting equipment? Reasons include the fact that:
- Each of the most popular sports has its own rules of the game, and it’s important to follow these. Rules don’t only state how different games should be played, they also dictate what sort of sporting equipment should be used and what clothing should be worn – including custom uniforms for teams.
- Savannah sporting equipment varies according to the game being played, and however similar you might think some items are to one another (like balls, nets or bats), it’s important to use what is officially required by the rules of the game. In reality each type of bat, net or ball has unique features that make it fit the game.
- Whether playing in a high school, varsity or collegiate team, Little League, or even a professional team, custom uniforms serve to identify which players are which. Colors make teams stand out from one another and numbers indicate the position they are playing. Some sports allow (even require) names of players to be displayed on custom uniforms.
- Custom uniforms increase morale and encourage team spirit, even for those who are not team players. So in addition to uniforms worn by teams, clubs often encourage their members to wear club uniforms when playing various sports, and have club logos printed on them to make their members easily identifiable.
- While some sports are undoubtedly more physically challenging than others, players do need to wear suitable protective gear. This includes helmets, gloves, neck collars, kneepads, mouth guards and nose protectors if allowed, and depending on the sport being played.
- Different sports demand the use of different types of shoes or boots. This may not seem important at an amateur level, but they are all designed the way they are for a reason. So, for instance, ordinary running shoes might seem a good option for soccer, but soccer boots are worn with special cleats or studs designed to stop players slipping when they play on grass. Baseball shoes also feature cleats, but they are different to those used for playing soccer. And while track spikes stop runners from slipping, they are not suitable for team sports.
The Savannah sporting equipment and custom uniforms you’ll find at Thompson’s Sporting Goods and Trophies is sourced from the most trusted athletic brands, including Under Armour, Nike, Asics, Rawlings, Don Alleson, Russell Athletic, Adams USA, McDavid, Richardson, and Easton. The sport shop also offers custom fitting services for local Georgia teams buying their custom uniforms and Savannah sporting equipment.
Contact us today to see how we can help you, your club, or your team.