Tablets, computers, Xbox and hundreds of TV channels to choose from are all wonderful benefits of living in the technological age. We have almost everything we need right at the tips of our fingers but it comes with a hefty downside…or backside if you prefer. People are becoming more and more sedentary because we just don’t need to move off the sofa as often as we used to. If you don’t make a special point of fitting sports or exercise into your daily routine you can easily go weeks without doing much of anything.
Participating in sports is a great way to become healthy and it is actually much easier than solo exercise.
It can be tough to get up from a movie and go hit the treadmill or weight bench because:
- Unless you are one of the lucky ones, exercise isn’t exactly enjoyable
- It can be boring because it is just you and the machine with no one to talk to
Sports are a whole other story because it combines the exercise you need along with the fun of hanging out and talking with your friends.
You will notice quite a few benefits from doing more sports but the five biggest ones are:
- You will feel better. There are a lot of variables that factor into this feeling but studies have proven that frequent sports and exercise will actually elevate your overall mood.
- You will start to lose weight. For most people, you only need around 30-45 minutes of continuous exercise a day to jumpstart your metabolism and start burning fat.
- Your overall health will improve. A sedentary lifestyle can lead to all kinds of health problems like diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. So forget about an apple a day to keep a doctor away, play some flag football instead.
- You will have more energy. Once you start playing sports and being active you will crave it more often. Your body tries to adapt to current situations so if you play sports every day, your heart, lungs and other systems will become more efficient, giving you the energy you need to keep at it.
- Frequent exercise will lead to better and deeper sleep. Think of it as a reward for all the running around on the field.
When you’re looking to get up and start getting active, stop by Thompson’s Sport Shop. We have all of the sports equipment you need in Savannah, GA to get the whole family involved!