As a local custom sports uniform company we have a lot of customers that have great team names like the devils, lions, or hawks. These are great, prideful, teams names to be proud of. However, we have seen some pretty bad team names and even printed some of them on uniforms. Some are hilarious, and some of them just make us wonder. Not all of these teams are Thompson’s Sports Shop customers, this is just a breakdown of some really bad team names that we have found across the U.S.
5. Santa Cruz Banana Slugs –The chancellor, at one time, considered changing the name later to “Sea Lions” saying that it was more dignified.
4. St. Louis College of Pharmacy (Eutectics) – What they lack in creativity, hopefully they will make up for on the fields. Also, the sports news coverage is, “from the Pillbox” according to the college’s website.
3. Wake Forest Demon Deacons – This is just an all-around terrible name for a sports team. Also, it doesn’t hurt to mention that they refer to Demon Deacon fans as “screaming demons”.
2. Butte (byoot) Pirates – Well, just, come on guys.
1. I’d Hit That – This is one of Thompson’s Sports Shop’s requests. The logo was something like the infamous lady from truck mud flaps. They were a recreational male softball team. Tip: Get second, third, and forth opinions before going with names like this.
These are just a few of the names that we have heard over the years, there are dozens more names that make you stop and ask, “What were they thinking?” However, here at Thompson’s Sport Shop we are the number one supplier of GA custom sports uniforms, so I’m sure that this won’t be the last of the awful team names that we hear.